Cannabidiol or CBD products are presently stealing the limelight in the health and beauty niche. CBD was once considered notorious, but its several therapeutic benefits like antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, neuroprotectant, stress-relieving, etc., are gaining scientific validation with each passing day. Given its multifaceted benefits, it is now widely used to treat many medical, mental, and cosmetic problems. But we could not reap its benefits entirely because of its poor bioavailability. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), our body absorbs about 6% of its oral intake.
It led to the production of several topical products. One such product is the CBD roll-on. Here, we try to know all the essential details about it. Stay hooked!
What is a CBD roll-on?
A CBD roll-on is cannabidiol infused gel or ointment that can be used topically on the skin for pain relief, healing and rehabilitation. It is often a liquid that comes in a small bottle with a roll-on head. The mixture usually contains plenty of other beneficial ingredients like eucalyptus oil, lemon oil, menthol, aloe vera, etc.
Based on formulation, the ointment gives a cooling or warming effect and helps ease pain and discomfort from the affected area. The ointment’s effect is similar to a roll-on antiperspirant. The CBD roll-on is available in different formulations to serve specific benefits.
Ingredients of a CBD roll-on
What makes CBD roll-on highly effective is the presence of several other beneficial ingredients apart from CBD. A few of them are:
- Tea tree extract
- Bletilla striata root extract
- Eucalyptus globulus leaf extract
- Poria cocos extract
- Aloe vera
- Xanthan gum
Many other essential oils and other medicinal extracts are used for optimum relief.
What does a CBD roll-on do?
A CBD roll-on is primarily used to relieve pains and aches from musculoskeletal issues like those arising from high-intensity workouts. Few also use it to treat psoriasis and eczema. Many people consume CBD sour gummies to find relief. However, CBD roll-ons are emerging as an excellent and faster treatment alternative. Today, you also get CBD roll-ons that help you relieve mental stress and anxiety to calm and uplift your mood.
Why should you use a CBD roll-on?
There are many pain-relieving ointments and other CBD-infused products and edibles available in the market. Hence, you might be wondering why to use a CBD roll-on. Here, we give you a few compelling reasons to try them.
- People often consume CBD products to reap their benefits. However, it implies that the CBD has to go through the ‘first pass metabolism’ and then reach the bloodstream. As a result, the process weakens the CBD, and you reap less benefit from it. However, when CBD is administered transdermally, it bypasses the metabolism process and makes most of the CBD available for better results. Moreover, topical CBD does not reach the bloodstream.
- Most of the roll-ons are fast and easy to dry. Hence, you do not get them all over your clothes.
- Roll-ons are a no-mess applicator. You need not touch them or handle them in any way. You only rub them on the affected area, and you are done.
- Most roll-ons are compact and small. So, they are highly portable. You can effortlessly carry them with you anywhere.
- Most prescription pain relievers lead to chronic use and addiction. In addition, they can lead to drug abuse and can have serious side effects. Compared to them, CBD roll-ons are safe, non-addictive, non-toxic, and reliable pain relievers with no psychoactive effects.
- They help treat various medical issues like chronic pain, anxiety, pains and aches, sleeplessness, etc.
How to use a CBD roll-on?
A CBD roll-on is a highly user-friendly product. You simply roll its ball in circular motions on the affected area and feel its effect in some time. For general use, you need to apply it to pressure or pulse points located all over your body. For maximum benefits, you must follow the following tips.
You will experience relief from pain only if you apply the roll-on in the correct area that may not coincide with the body area in pain. For instance, you might be experiencing headaches because of tension in the neck and the shoulder area.
Use correct proportion
The right amount of roll-on liquid is a must for effective pain relief. To find it, you can start with its minimum amount and gradually increase it till you nail the amount that works for you. You can then stick to that amount for every use.
Keep the application area clean.
Keeping the application area clean before a roll-on use will eliminate any infection and other complications. Washing with soap and water would be an easy and hassle-free way.
Do a patch test
CBD roll-on generally does not cause any side effects, but the other ingredients in its formulation can cause skin irritations. Testing it on a small skin area will keep things on the safe side.
Have realistic expectations
CBD roll-on is not a magical panacea. Hence, you should not expect it to give you instant relief from issues like prolonged chronic pain. However, like all other medicines, it will work gradually and give you results over time.
CBD roll-ons are emerging as a game-changer in dealing with aches, pains, and other medical conditions. You need to look into the formulation for maximum benefits and choose the right one for your specific needs. They are a fantastic addition to the topical family.