In recent years, the popularity of CBD in health and wellness has experienced a boom. The extract is not a mind-altering compound and mostly available as a CBD oil. While there are many ways of ingesting it, vaping is one of the most efficient methods of enjoying it. The delivery is much faster hence quick results on the user.
What's a CBD Vape Cartridge?
Vaping is a popular way to vape your CBD e-liquid. The cartridge is a small container containing CBD vape juice ranging from 0.5 Ml to 1.0 ML. The potency varies, and the juice can be infused with flavors that enhance its taste.
CBD cartridge is attached to a battery that is the power source to complete a vape pen. The user can use the power on the device to heat the e-liquid, turning it into a vapor that is inhaled.
How to Choose the Best CBD Cartridges
CBD vape cartridges are not equal. Picking the best CBD cartridge is not an easy process. There are a couple of factors you should consider before buying one. Here’s a roundup of some of the questions to answer and factors to check:
- Find out if the manufacturer is reputable. Do they have lots of positive reviews?
- Ingredients used in making the CBD vape juice. The best cartridge for you should use and contain CBD extract only.
- Is the product tested by a reputable third-party lab?
- Ensure there are no medium-chain triglycerides, polyethylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, or propylene glycol.
- Pick cartridges with non-GMO ingredients.
- Ensure there are no additives or preservatives in the cartridge.
- It should have zero tetrahydrocannabinol or THC content.
Should You Buy a Pre-Filled or Refillable Cartridge?
Purchasing a cartridge is the first step before you start vaping your CBD. The containers are either refillable or pre-filled.
As the name suggests, these containers are sold already filled with CBD vaping liquid. They are easy to use with no messy refills. Once you’ve exhausted your e-liquid, remove the cartridge and dispose of it, then replace it with a new one.
Here’s why you should consider a pre-filled cartridge.
Easy to Use
The use of this device will eliminate the guesswork involved with self-loading. As compared to other methods such as hash oils, this cartridge requires less effort.
All that is required of you is to push a button, and you're good to go. You only need to pair it with a powerful and reliable battery. Since the batteries are rechargeable, make sure it's fully charged before using it.
Better Dosage Control
Dosage may be a major concern for new CBD users. You don't want to have an overwhelming experience by overdosing the CBD. Unlike other methods such as dabbing, a pre-filled cartridge offers a controlled dose for each inhalation. It's easy to determine the amount of vape you want to consume.
Comes in Many Designs
There are different design options of prefilled-cartridges available in today's market. This allows you to try different cartridges to find one that suits your needs and preferences.
Image source: pexel.com
The cartridges are usually cheaper to use and maintain in the long run than disposable cartridges. However, these tanks are sold empty, and you have to purchase your CBD e-liquid separately.
Refillable cartridges are made of high-quality and durable materials such as glass, metal, and ceramic.
Refilling Your Cartridge
- Unscrew the tank from the vape pen, refill it with your favorite vaping liquid, and exercise care not to overfill.
- Allow your liquid to sit for 10 to 15 minutes to absorb into the wick. This prevents burning and also maximizes your coil's life.
- Reattach your tank to the vaping device and enjoy your vaping experience.
CBD Vape Cartridge Storage
Image source: pexels.com
Before storing your vape cartridge, remember that it contains an all-natural perishable content, which calls for extra care in storage.
The precautions include:
- Avoid direct sunlight and heat: CBD is a vaporous compound, and the UV light from the sunshine may degenerate the CBD content in your vape juice. Look for a closed box or a dark, cool place to store your cartridge to avoid this. Unlike fresh cannabis flowers, CBD e-liquids are okay with cold temperatures. But that doesn't mean keeping it in your freezer. The extreme cold will condense the moisture inside your cartridge, which may affect your device's functionality later on.
- Avoid storing your cartridge in places accessible by kids. This is a major concern with all CBD products. As the vapes are easy to use, you should be careful when storing your device to avoid the youngster from ingesting it. It's advisable to keep your vape kit in a place that can be locked.
The quality of your cartridge determines your vaping experience. Always buy from well-known manufacturers who invest a lot in their production to ensure you get safe and premium products.
This guide presents important things to keep in mind when choosing your CBD vape cartridge. Overall, if you want an easy to use cartridge, the prefilled one is a great choice. But if you’re looking at cutting the cost in the long run, a refillable cartridge is the best choice.
Written By: Jessica Johnson