The global vaping industry is taking the world by storm, rapidly expanding across the globe. In just a few years, CBD vape juices and e-liquids have become dominant products on the market. It seems that people simply adore vaping CBD for the most obvious reasons.
It’s fast-acting, discreet, delicious, doesn’t get you high, and offers a range of potential health benefits. According to CBD oil experts, Ministry of Hemp, the thing with CBD oil for vaping is that the oil goes straight into your bloodstream, allowing you to feel the effect almost immediately.
However, this increasing popularity made CBD vape juice quite expensive. Fortunately, you can save some cash on the side by learning how to make your own CBD vape juice, so let’s get down to it right away.
PG and VG: Finding Your Ratio
The journey to making your own CBD vape e-juice of the highest quality starts with finding the proper PG/VG ratio for your taste. Propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin are two main compounds found in every e-liquid.
These are the most popular and top-rated carrier oils you need for your CBD juice. There are some differences between the two; PG offers a higher liquid-like consistency, while higher VG percentages make for a smoother vaping experience.
Since you need the CBD-isolate to complete your vape juice, you can’t use VG only as it won’t dissolve the isolate. Therefore, you’ll need a higher ratio of PG for your CBD vape juice to ensure the isolate gets properly dissolved within your e-liquid. Aim for 70/30 PG to VG for the best solution.
The Necessary Ingredients for Making CBD Vape Juice
Now, since you have your PG/VG ratio under control, let’s see what equipment you need to start making your own vape juice. The good thing is that you can find most of the necessary items at a local supermarket or online. Here are the essentials:
- Gram scale
- Clean syringe
- Fine mesh strainer
- Mortar and pestle
- A pot of a medium size
- Small container
- Glass bottle
- A dropper
Basic Steps for Making Your Own CBD Vape Juice
Here are some basic steps for making your CBD vape. Note that this recipe is made for 0.5g of CBD isolate. You can tweak it as you become more experienced, but we recommend that you start small and slow and work your way up. Here are the steps:
- Put your CBD isolate crystals on the gram scale and measure 0.5g;
- Use a mortar and pestle to grind your CBD isolate until you achieve a fine powder consistency;
- Measure somewhere around 0.5-1 ml of terpenes and mix it with your 70/30 PG/VG ratio to get around 30 ml of total vape juice;
- Take a small mixing container and place your vape juice into it;
- Mix your solution with ground CBD isolate powder;
- Secure the lid of the container;
- If you have a vortex mixer use it to properly even out the mix or give your mixture a few shakes by hand;
- At this point, you should have a pot with heated water where you will submerge your mixing container;
- Keep the temperature on medium-high heat;
- Turn the heat to low at the boiling point and put your container in the pot;
- Remove the container after about five minutes;
- Give it another shake;
- If you still can see CBD crystals, repeat the previous two steps;
- If you can’t see the crystals, allow your vape juice to cool for at least half an hour;
- Once cooled, take a glass bottle and use a fine-mesh strainer to filter through your vape juice.
Friendly advice: Please, do not microwave your CBD vape juice under any circumstances. It won’t do you any good, and it will only destroy the precious ingredients.
Terpenes You Should Use
Terpenes are in charge of the flavor of your vape juice. So, before you can choose the right terpenes, you need to decide on the flavor you want in your vaping session. Since terpenes are a bit of a complex subject, we have a few recommendations for you:
- Top terpenes for daytime – beta-caryophyllene (smoky, black pepper, spicy), humulene (floral, citrusy, hops), alpha-pinene (fresh, earthy, pine), limonene (lemon, sweet, citrusy, tart);
- Top terpenes for nighttime – myrcene (fruity, musky, mango), linalool (herby, floral, lavender), menthol (icy, refreshing, minty), terpinolene (floral, apples, sweet).
Optimal Shelf-Life Tip
If you want to achieve the best optimal shelf-life for your CBD e-juice, make sure you store it in a dark and cool place. If it’s sealed tight in a dark glass bottle, it could last up to 12 months before it starts losing its potency.
With all these useful tips, you should be making your DIY CBD vape juice without any problems in no time. Always use the best, highest quality ingredients to make sure you stay healthy. Now, the only thing left for you to do is to buy a decent vape pen to vape your CBD juice like a real professional.